- Business & Transactions
Joseph H. Cassell joined Prelle Eron & Bailey in November 2011. He has been practicing law since April 1975 when he was admitted to the Indiana Bar. While in Indiana, Joe was in private practice in Indianapolis and also served as a judge pro tempore of Marion County Superior Court No. 5, as well as the hearing officer for the State of Indiana’s Violent Crime Compensation Board.
Joe relocated to Kansas in November 1980 and was admitted to the Kansas Bar. He practices in the areas of oil, gas and mineral law, general civil and tort litigation, FLSA wage/hour litigation, and Social Security disability law. He is licensed to practice in the Southern District of Indiana, District of Kansas and Colorado, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Courts of Indiana and Kansas.
Joe is married and resides in Wichita.
- Wabash College, B.A. 1971
- Indiana University – Indianapolis School of Law, J.D. 1975
- Prelle Eron & Bailey, Of Counsel, November 2011 – present
- Redmond & Nazar, L.L.P., Of Counsel, August 2004 – November 2011
- Render Kamas LLC, Of Counsel, 2002 – 2004
- Cassell & Lower, LLC, 1992 – 2001
- Private practice, 1983 – 1992
- Rupe Oil Co, General Counsel, 1980 – 1983
- Watkins, Leslie & Cassell, 1978 – 1980
- Watkins & Cassell, 1975 – 1978
- State of Indiana, 1975-present
- State of Kansas, 1980-present
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2005-present
- Federal District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1975-present
- Federal District Court, District of Kansas, 1980-present
- Federal District Court, District of Colorado, 2000-present
- American Bar Association, 1975-present
- Kansas Bar Association, 1980-present
- Wichita Bar Association, 1983-present